Sunday, April 7, 2013

Your Questions Answered (Part 2)

Ew, how is the weekend over already? Weekends are always so much more fun when the weather is nice, so it's even less fun to get back into the weekday swing of things.
I'm sure this foxy little lady is feeling the exact same way.

Fox, Hi Onesie, Hair Bow

I wanted to thank you all again for the sweet feedback on Part 1 of Questions & Answers, and to finish answering a few more questions here in this post! :) If you have others, feel free to leave them in the comments!

What camera do I use for my pictures & what apps/programs do I use to edit them?
For the longest time (up until about two months ago) I used only my iPhone 4 to take pictures. I think it takes great photos for the most part, especially since you can rapid fire & catch as many shots as possible in hopes of getting one clear picture.
I just got a big girl camera though. It might be a little too advanced for me at this point but I am determined to figure it out. I won't even talk about the things I think that I like about it, because if there are any real photographers reading this, I'm just going to sound like an asshole trying to speak photography-lingo. You can take lots of pictures, really fast, without even pushing the button each time. I think it's called shutter speed. But I could be full of it. Anyway, it's the Nikon J1. I originally liked it because it was white, surprise! But read great reviews & learned that it was it was the perfect bridge between a standard point and shoot & a DSLR. I totally love it.
For photo editing, sometimes I don't edit them at all, but for the most part, I just use Instagram (@jlgarvin). I am just now learning how to use my Adobe Suite to actually edit pictures. Slowly but surely. I desperately want to be good at it.

What Philosophy skincare products do I use & how do I store/organize my makeup?
This was a hot topic after I mentioned using Philosophy's products in the last Q&A. Like I mentioned before, Philosophy is the only brand that I have loved every single product that they make. I originally started loving them for their body wash, if you haven't used Pink Frosted Animal Cracker before, put it on your Christmas list. The Supernatural Airbrush Canvas & Purity Facewash have been my favorites forever & I was recently given a sample of a few of their moisturizers. Then I got a Philosophy facial & decided it was time to invest the money in all of their skincare products. I know everyone's skin type is different, I have very sensitive/combination skin. I use the Take a Deep Breath Oxygen Cream as my everyday moisturizer & Miracle Worker at night. I've since started using the Kiss Me Lip Exfoliator & Kiss Me Lip Balm (this is like crack for a chapstick addict) & the Here Comes the Sun line. Like I said before, it's a little pricey but lasts forever & everything is well worth it (remember, cost-per-use).

As far as storing my makeup, I've come to realize that my side of the bathroom is always a hot mess when I try to keep things tucked away in a drawer or makeup bag. I'm always digging for something that I can't find & leaving things slung all over the counter top. So I opted for leaving everything out where I can see it, with all of my makeup in a glass canister. I don't use a ton of products, so I just have the medium sized one that fits it all. The rest is just kept in a lucite tray, which can be found at The Container Store.


  How did I deal with postpartum hair loss & what hair products do I use?
Ah, the antlers. The unicorn horn. Four thousand strands of my hair slapped up on the shower wall, shaped into masterpieces. What a shitshow.
My hair started falling out when Harper was around 3 months (I was still breastfeeding at the time) and lasted until she was about 6 months old. It started growing back (mostly around my hairline) right around my brother's wedding in August, just in time to look like a total dipshit with my wedding updo. I'm not sure if there is a way to prevent or combat this, but I did find that using a Tangle Teezer instead of a regular hairbrush helped for brushing through wet hair, when it is prone to fall out the most. I also rocked the top knot for weeks when it was falling out, but once it started growing back, messy curls were the best way to disguise the regrowth.
As for products, I have always used Pantene shampoo & conditioner. I also use Moroccan Oil every few days (on damp hair after washing) it is AMAZING for keeping your hair shiny. Other than that, I don't use any product on my hair, it's really fine so adding anything to it really weighs it down. I also let my hair air dry every day, which I'm sure is part of the reason that it stays healthy. I don't have the time or patience to blow dry it, but my hair is also stick straight so I get the same result either way. When I curl it, I use this Conair 1 Inch Barrel Instant Heat Curling Iron.


Did we ever find a solution to Harper's sleep troubles (around 4 months) and/or how long until she started sleeping well again?
We never actually solved the problem, but I think that it was a combination of teething & a growth spurt. Before 4 months, Harper slept like a baby man. She was in bed by eight & slept through the night until eight in the morning. Out of nowhere, she was waking up two or three times a night. This was right around the time that we had transitioned her out of her swaddle & Nap Nanny, so I know that adjusting to new sleep conditions had to play a part in it. It seemed like the only way to get her to go back to sleep was to feed her. So I would give her 3-4 oz. each time she woke up, and she would fall back asleep for a few hours. I would try to soothe her with a paci & rubbing her head/belly to get her to go back to sleep but the bottle was the only thing that would do it. Finally, after a month or so, it just passed on her own. She started sleeping until maybe 4 am before she would wake up wanting to eat. We decided that it was time then to put her in her own room, so we transitioned her out of the pack n play at that point and into her crib. Part of me thinks she was waking up to us rolling around in bed, so I think being in her own space helped. From then on, she went right back to sleeping like a champ. We still use this Sound Machine & she has slept with these Aden + Anais Security Blankets since around 5 months as well, which I swear help soothe her back to sleep whenever she wakes up.


What do my husband & I do on the weekends and for fun?
We have always been determined to make our house a fun environment so we weren't always tempted to want to go places. Especially after having Harper, it's hard to get out of the house all the time, so we do what we can to bring the fun to us!
We both work long hours, so we really live for the weekends!

Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller

We love spending time outside, so we really tried to make our outdoor space as fun as we could. We bought some hammocks, string lights & a fire pit, so there is always a fun way to relax at night after Harper goes to bed. We also love to play beer pong (we are total college kids), horseshoes or bags (some call it cornhole). When it's cold or raining, we love playing cards, pick up new seasons of shows (and watch them all at once on DVR) or turn old movies into drinking games. I could probably go on all day long about all the silly two person drinking games that we have come up with over the years, but I'll save that for another day! ;)

Hammocks, String Lights

What are our typical dinners & go-to meals?
We never go out for dinner, maybe once a month. Our favorite meal to eat out is breakfast, which we also do probably once a month, along with grabbing Chipotle, Jimmy Johns or the occasional froyo every once in a while. But for the most part, we cook every meal at home (by we, I mean me) My man can make a damn good omelet, but other than breakfast foods, cooking is usually my arena. Many would think that since I work from home, cooking should be a breeze, but it honestly makes no difference. I'm still scrambling to thaw ground beef or casually convincing Brandon that I "really wanted egg salad!" for dinner. A typical week for us looks something like this...
Sunday - Fajitas (we have fajitas every sunday, because I hate hate double hate cutting chicken, so I do ALL of the cutting on Sunday nights, including chicken & veggies for the next day). This is sliced chicken, peppers & onions, using this fajita seasoning recipe that I make in bulk once a  month, served on tortillas w/ shredded cheese. Easy. Delicious. Probably our favorite meal.
Monday - some other chicken meal, usually Chicken Green Bean Casserole (yep, just how it sounds, make some GBC & add chicken), some sort of chinese-inspired chicken stir fry (chicken with sesame oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, sea salt & brown sugar in a frying pan, served over brown rice), or chicken with spaghetti squash.
Tuesday - Maid Rites. It's an Iowa thing. One pound of lean ground beef, half of a finely chopped onion, a can of beef consomme soup all cooked (scrambled) in a pan together until all of the soup dissolves, served on a hamburger bun with american cheese.
Wednesday - Crockpot. By Wednesday, I'm ready to run my head into a wall when I hear the word "dinner". BBQ Pork or Hot Beef/Gravy over mashed potatoes is typically our go-to.
Thursday - Pasta. It's always pasta. We love lasagna, penne or chicken parm.
Friday - I like to refer to this as No-Dinner-Friday. I think my husband gets scared every week that I'm serious, but this is usually when I throw together egg salad, turkey subs or "breakfast for dinner!". Plus, it's time to drink beer by now anyway.
Saturday - Something on the grill, usually steaks & fresh veggies. In the winter, homemade pizza or chili.

Whew. I'm sick of cooking just from typing this! :) Like I've said before, my recipes are very half-assed, I don't measure a lot, but I will try to add some more to my recipe page if you are interested.

I hope you've all found this helpful! I promise to finish my breastfeeding post soon, since I know there are still a few of you with questions there! :)
You can find Part 1 here & part 3 to come! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! XOXO

106 comments:

  1. great post! where are the gray and white polka dot towels from in your bathroom? thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronika! They are from Home Goods! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great post. You know, the funny thing is, I despise cooking dinner (I love to eat though, lol), yet my blog is about fun food, for kids, for breakfast or lunch. I'm just always so tired by the time I get home from work. I'm fried. And time is limited. I'm going to use some of your recipes and run with them. It's always nice to bring new ones to the dinner table. Thanks!

    Oh, and I can't wait to read about your nursing/breast feeding experience. I pumped for 13 months (3 times at work alone. It was a total shit show) and I sware it was like having a 3rd job. So I'm curious what other Mom's experiences were like and can learn from each other. :-)

    Cytonoodle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the photography stuff! I have a similar camera to yours, but mine is a Samsung! It's like the pre-DSLR camera. I've had heaps of fun playing with it so far (especially taking 10 pics in 10 seconds!)

    teapotsandtrinkets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny! Colson also went from a sleep champ to not so much around 4 months... I never really did anything about it, he just kind of grew out of it about 6 weeks later (longest 6 weeks of my life).. maybe it's a developmental thing??


    Btw- maide rite? I am from southern mn, not too far from the border, so I usually have heard of all of the weird midwestern things, especially with lots of family in iowa... but this is new to me! Sounds crazy (which usually means yum!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call them maid rites in central iowa, but friends in nw iowa call them taverns? Maybe that's what you know?

      Delete
    2. We call them maid rites in central iowa, but friends in nw iowa call them taverns? Maybe that's what you know?

      Delete
  5. Great post! Thanks for sharing! Your backyard is so amazing... I love it!!

    www.lyndsey-littleharper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this was fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us. Did you use the philosophy line while pregnant? I need a go to line of products like this. Thanks mama :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the powder & cleanser while I was pregnant, the rest of the stuff is new to me (within the last 6 months). It's all very gentle so I'm sure you can just ask at the makeup counter or your dr. if it's okay to use while pregnant! :)

      Delete
  7. Fun to get to know you more! I love the hammock set up you have in your backyard. I ADORE the picture of you jumping with the stroller. Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's really cool that you take the time to answer everyone's questions and have embraced so many people being in contact with you. You will probably never know how much inspiration your blog puts out there for mamas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Q&A posts! I would like to know a little bit more about your daily schedule with working full time from home and having a busy 1 year old. I will be a work from home mom too and I'd love to see how it's done successfully! Maybe a "day in the life of..." post! :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!! I wanted to let you know your Instagram link on your website is not connecting. I have been getting a '500 service error' message. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I fixed it. So strange!

      Delete
  12. Love the post!! Can't wait to see the pics with your new camera. I've been a DSLR user forever and can't imagine using anything else. The pics from my iPhone are crap compared to it. Although it is convenient!! Your menu post was great. I feel the same way. Working full time (night shift!!) and trying to cook for the hubby can be somewhat of a challenge and a drag

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Maid Rites are on your list!!! I grew up in Sioux City and we always called them tastees because of a little restaurant that specialized in them, but I always have the hardest time trying to explain them to others! They are NOT sloppy joes. Also, I love your blog! Even though I'm a Cyclone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS - HOW do you keep your house so tidy!!??? Does Brandon help you clean? Do you leave it for the weekend? I'd love to know your cleaning schedule/routine if you have one. Also If you have a garage and how your organize that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also love philosophy products! I just started using and I'm in love:)! Can't wait for part 3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please, please, please share your drinking games :) Haha, I know that's got to be a silly thing to ask about, but its always fun to hear other peoples ideas. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore your honesty. It truly makes me feel a little less guilty that I also want, "to run my head into the wall" by Wednesday (when it comes to making dinner). This is usually when I want to call my momma and thank her for all the amazing variety of home-cooked meals she prepared for us all those years. I've only been married for three (almost four) years and I feel like everyday I end up like, "Ugh, what shall I cook today?".

    Your blog is absolutely the cutest. Your family is beautiful, you're a lucky girl =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. How old were you and husband when you got married? You guys are the perfect fun young parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! How do you like your stroller? I am trying to figure out a stroller that I can go for a run with! (That isn't a BOB, because those are way too expensive)
    Thanks!

    Hammesweethamme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the picture of you with the jogging stroller! I am currently on the hunt for one since baby #3 is on the way (and my wedding is just 7 short months after that!)

    twintotmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nikon 1s are amazeballs! I got one last year and I love it!! I think my favorite feature is the setting where it takes like 5 or 6 pictures at once. I love looking at all of them in a row and seeing the different faces it catches my toddler making. Excellent purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the running & jumping photo! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Your one person I would love to meet in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I gοt thіѕ site fгom my friеnd who informed me сoncerning this website anԁ at the momеnt thiѕ timе Ӏ am browsіng thіs webѕite
    and rеaԁing very infοrmаtіve pοsts at this
    ρlасe.

    my раge - getcash4surveys.info

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this!! I too am excited to hear about your breastfeeding experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this! I am interested to hear about your breastfeeding story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you do the breast feeding post soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hate cutting chicken worst task ever. Maid rites sound oddly delicious, is that the complete how to? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I use my Nokia Lumia 920 to take pictures and they always turn out amazing. I love photography and want to buy a fancy camera but my husband doesn't want to spend the money on something he thinks I will never pursue...he's probably right...lol.

    I hate cooking too. I'm not good at it without a recipe and with 7 kids, who has time to go through Pinterest for the perfect meal. We tend to buy ready to eat meals at Costco. Their rotisserie chicken is amazing!

    Your backyard is awesome. We live in a 4 bedroom condo and our backyard is a community playground. Great for the kids, bad for privacy. Oh how I long for silence and seclusion.

    I have 7 children and after the second or third, (maybe even the fourth) I starting losing my hair in chunks whenever I washed it. At first I was horrified. I had no idea what was wrong with me and thought I was going bald. But then I talked with a few mommy friends and they all had the same issue. Mine started around 3 months after the babies were born and lasted for about six months. My last baby is almost two and I'm still losing some hair. There really isn't anything you can do to stop it, besides not washing your hair, but then that could get a little gross...lol.

    Thanks for sharing your stories. I love to read about you and your sweet little family. You guys remind me so much of my husband and I 12 years ago. I look forward to reading many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love using Instagram to edit my photos too. And am a big fan of the tangle teaser myself, my hair seems to fall out lots and lots already and always has {I'm 39 weeks pregnant today and am so worried about just HOW MUCH is going to fall out post pregnancy! :(.. } I love that you've made your home as fun as possible! :-)

    Alex
    Bump to Baby

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you have help watching Harper while you work? I'm working part time from home with my 4 month old and am about to step up my hours but thinking I need a nanny (at least part time). I don't know how you manage baby, work, etsy, exercise, cooking, and the cutest holiday decorations! I have mom envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto!! I would love to know how your schedule is. how do you keep yourself organized and on time with everything?

      Delete
  31. Hahaha the bit about pp hair loss made me laugh! Mine is curently just growing back and im rocking the unicorn style atm x


    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the hammock idea and can't wait to try it with all of this beautiful weather! Thanks for sharing.

    wordsaboutwaverly,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  34. ha ha maid rites. my brother in law is from Iowa (ockabowgie? or something like that?) anyway he makes those and we say "you mean sloppy joes!?" and he's like no....these are different...and better. your blog is funny. clearly your favorite swear word is sh*t. so is mine but Um....just a little heads up from a mom of a three year old...they WILL repeat you. eventually. In fact my son often says (after I say shit) "mom we don't say shit...we say oh pickles" whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great post!! I've followed your blog since you were expecting. Our son Kingston is now two, before we found out we were expecting a boy our girl name was always Harper. We now have baby number two on the way this summer just wondering if you find your hearing Harper more often now or if its still a unique name?!

    Thanks Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fun post!!! I always love finding out random tidbits about my favorite bloggers...you guys seem so fun!! Can we come over and play cornhole with you?! :) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  38. firstly, I just got my first "big girl" camera! I referred to it on my blog in the same exact way lol!! (great minds think alike!) I am loving the wall color in your bathroom! I've been trying my best to find a great charcoal, but it's so hard to choose!! :)
    -jen
    -burlapandbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Where did you get the mercury canisters?!

    ReplyDelete
  40. hi! where did you find the mercury glass holders?!l

    ReplyDelete
  41. Would love more recipes! I also dread cooking, so your comments made me laugh. :o) I refuse to cook Friday - Sunday so we eat out a lot right now. Once the baby comes I think our eating out days will be over, so I'd love more dinner ideas. I like that most of your meals seem easy and quick to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Would also love it if you could put a "search" function on your blog. Unless there is one and I'm just missing it? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer so many questions! I'm always interested in what beauty products people are using so I'm excited to try Philosophy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. ah the dreaded 4 mont sleep regression!!! Ours lasted a few weeks and I was so glad to be done with it. No one tells you about these things before you have a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love love love your blog! I'm a work-at-home mama too with my 5-month-old girlie Raegan and I'd love to hear what your typical weekday routine is like. How do you squeeze in a workout and making dinner on top of working and playing with your girl? Most days are ridiculously crazy here but so much fun. It is pretty awesome being able to spend all day with your kiddo. Just wondering how you make it work for you and your family. Any tips would be great! :) I'd also love to know if there are any blogs you love to read and follow? You are seriously such an inspiration! :) -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you for always taking the time to answer peoples questions and keep your blog so interesting! Since I have been following for the past year and a half-two years, I become more and more addicted to your blog! I have a 14 month old son, so I can relate, and its just refreshing to see life of a mom through your eyes! So keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love love love your blog. I'm also a work-at-home mama with my 5-month-old girlie Raegan. Most days are ridiculously crazy here but it's so fun being able to stay home with my kiddo. Just wondering what your typical weekday looks like. How do you squeeze it all in?! Like working out and making dinner? I'd love to hear your tips for making it work for you and your family :) Also, I'd love to know if there are any blogs you love to follow? You are seriously such an inspiring mama! Love getting a glimpse into your awesome life :) -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  48. Do you end up having a lot of leftovers? If so what do you do with them? Lunches? Throw away? That's my biggest problem cooking for 3 it's way too much food to do a big dinner every night!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm impressed with your menu! I'm a stay at home mom too and I don't cook a single thing except for maybe pasta and "figure out your own toppings for the pasta" and maybe frozen pizza and Mac and cheese! Lol! Thanks for this great post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. Heres a question for you! How do you find the energy to stay on top of working out, working, running a house, and being a mom? I feel like I never have time for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you for all the great answers. I would love to know which prenatal vitamins you took when pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your simplistic bathroom decor! I see a ladder bookshelf in the mirror. Would you mind posting a photo of it and telling us where you got the items on it? I have a similar one in my bathroom now and need ideas for how to decorate it. I love your decorating style. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I bought the Nikon J1 in white a while back and slowly I am loving it more and more. Way more portable than other interchangeable lens camera's and its white!!! I took a class at the camera place I bought it and it helped a ton! I also suggest the 30-100 lens!! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great post! I love a good Maid Rite! I'm pretty sure I eat my way through Iowa every time I return home. What part of Iowa are you from again?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thank you soooo much for recommending the Supernatural Airbrush Canvas by Philosophy. I tried it after your first post you mentioned it in and I am absolutely in love with it!

    Also wondering where did you get the globe lights that you have out with the hammocks?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  56. When you do your breastfeeding post, can you specifically talk about weaning? I'm in the process...just started some soy formula with breastmilk to supplement a few bottles a day. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love your blog! I do have a question...when Harper was sleeping so long (8 to 8), did you notice any head flattening on her? Two babes that I've nannied for BOTH have flat heads & I'm wondering why...

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love love your blog! I have a question...when Harper was sleeping from 8 to 8 did you notice any head flattening on her? Two babes I was a nanny for BOTH have flat heads (and helmets) & they would sleep for long stretches when I wasn't with them...& I'm wondering why they have it, but many other babies I've seen don't.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Totally trying the maid rites, is that the entire how to? Love, love your back yard!

    casadesoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I hate handling raw chicken, yuck! Totally trying the maid rites is that the entire how to?

    Thanks- Rachel
    casadesoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. We make chicken green bean casserole too! We have the same lucite tray from the Container Store - don't put it in the dishwasher like I did because it'll crack!

    I'm assuming you eat leftovers for lunch like we do, right?

    Great blog!

    www.themilehighmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  63. MAID-RITES! so excited to find another maid-rite lover! i grew up on them in greenville, ohio. often imitated, never duplicated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. What is it with men and making eggs? My husband, brother and dad all make excellent eggs/omletes but I, my mom,and my sister-in-law cannot make them to save our lives. Glad were not alone - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love that you referred to cornhole as "bags." I've always called it "sacks." hahah. My fiance is from Wisconsin, it's such a midwest thing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks for sharing your weekly menu - it's actually very similar to ours, though I had never heard of Maid Rites before today. They sound easy and delicious, which is always a winning combination in my book. I'll definitely be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for the Philiosophy recs! I always hear how great they are but unsure which ones to test out.

    Love that charcoal in the bathroom. Looks great! What color is it?

    ReplyDelete
  68. love reading your blog!! It's great you get to personally answer all your readers :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the way you store your makeup and I hope its okay as I copied you on how to store headbands and clips!

    Also, what is the color of paint in your bathroom?! It's stunning and I need to redo my downstairs guest bath. Please share in post 3 or shoot me an email at heidijrieck@gmail.com
    Thanks lady and happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Please please please disclose your silly two person drinking games! You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. The pic of you "frolicking" with the stroller is quite possibly the best (non-Harper) photo you've ever posted. :D

    ReplyDelete
  72. Loose meat, taverns, maid rites.....yep this Georgia girl married an Iowan.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I would love to know your updated daily schedule for Harper! My little guy just turned 14 months and I'm finding he seems to be ready for one nap, but if I try, he'll only sleep an hour and a half and be up for the rest of the day. If he does two naps, he's up later at night. Trying to go about switching him, but not sure how. I would also love to know any activities you do with Harper. This is another area where I run out of ideas...thanks so much!!! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  74. I adore your decor, your ideas, just everything!! Of all the blogs I read--I look forward to yours the most!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I use kitchen scissors to cut up my chicken, it helps a bit but I agree it sucks. I actually was just about to cut up some for tomorrow nights dinner but then I hoped on the computer instead...whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'm so glad you replied to the sleeping question! It gives me hope that my Peyton will go back to her great sleeping habits and that there's an end in sight to this nightly exhausting madness of her waking up all the time - fingers crossed!
    I am so in love with your hammocks! I really feel that we need to move to a house with trees in the yard (we sadly have none) but for some reason my husband does not see hammocks as a reasonable reason to move. Go figure.
    And ditto on the search function for your blog - unless I'm just missing it, it would be great to be able to type in keywords to find certain posts!
    Thanks again for answering questions. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Please share - where are your outdoor pillows and bedroom pillows from? I cannot find oversized pillows anywhere! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Hi, just stopped by from a link from a friend's blog & I wanted to tell you that your daughter's sleep issues sound like the "4 month wakeful"-- a totally normal developmental period that most babies experience. I went through it with both of my boys & luckily it ended very quickly. Google it for the next baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. i haven't had maid rites in years! thank you for reminding me of an old favorite! from the last q&a post do you happen to have a link for which VS sweatshirts you prefer? I would love to find some similar to that but aren't sure which ones!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Absolutely LOVE your posts! Can you do one about your makeup routine? Some of us are makeup challenged! Pictures would be beneficial too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  81. I started started reading your blog recently and I too am from Iowa and went to the U of I and LOVE Maid-Rites. We had to been at U of I at the same time. Not to sound all stalkerish or anything, I swear I'm totally normal:) Anyway, shout of to Iowa and your roots! Go HAWKS! Now I want a Maid-Rite.

    ReplyDelete
  82. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I started reading your blog a year ago when I was pregnant. Q&A posts are so informative, keep doing them! I'd love to read about your daily routine. I always wonder how you do it: work, household, chalkboards, blogging, shopping, keeping baby Harper entertained and so on... I am at home with my 8-months-old son and always struggling to find time for a lot of things I'd like to do. This is why I love your "Dirty Thirty" - I've been doing it since you posted it and it is great! Quick, I can use my 8 kg baby for the squats - he loves it!:) - and the first routine I don't need notes to remember. :P Would love to see more quick workout tips!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Where did you get your string lights from? I've been looking for some exactly like those for my pergola!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Gosh, I freaking love your blog! I constantly make my hubby stop what he is doing because I want to read him something humorous you wrote. Literally laughing out loud. Oh and someone should pay you for linking to all the products you love because I often buy them! Blair always wears her onesies superhero style because if harper does it then it must be in! I have no idea where you find the time. You must not sleep. But I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I have been reading your blog since I found out I was pregnant...my little guy is 8 months old now. I have never commented but I am loyal reader and Instagram follower!

    I recently got my first big girl camera too. I am trying to learn to use my camera, it is lots of fun. I found the following blog that really helped me out.

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/category/basic-photography/what-the-heck/

    AND

    http://www.exposureguide.com/photography-basics.htm

    Love your blog! Love hearing about your baby and I love that there is another girl in the world that likes beer as much as me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  87. I have also been a blog follower since being pregnant and now I have little girl that is almost 3 months!

    My hubby bought me a nice camera for my b-day so that I could take lots of nice pics of our baby girl...but I really have no clue what I am doing! hah Thanks for your honest answers :)

    Love reading your blog!

    ourlittlefamblog@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Weird question, but how tall are you? :0) you look so tiny in your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Just wanted to let you know/thank you because I'm almost 28 years old and have yet to find a foundation that I love (and I've tried a lot!). I tried the philosophy airbrush that you talked about in your last post and I LOVE it!! So thanks for that! :) Now I'm going to have to give the other products a try!
    By the way...the Philosophy website has 20% off anything right now! Just to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Love this Part 2! You're very thorough in your answers and I love clicking the links to stuff I like. And I may or may not have just bought $200 in Philosophy skin care products. o_o I've tried the bodywashes before - they smell fantastic! - so I'm excited to try out this line. Thanks for the great idea! The best picture out of the bunch was you jumping while pushing the stroller. How many tries did that take? Haha! I'm also a HUGE hammock girl but as I'm not a homeowner and I don't live where there are two trees close enough together this would definitely be a future purchase. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  91. What other blogs do you read? I love yours so much, just wondering if there are other fantastic ones m missing!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I loved this weekly menu idea - so we just started it yesterday. I think it makes cooking/planning much easier! No matter what day it is, you know what's for dinner (or at least a general idea)!

    I too, have been following you since I was pregnant last year - I must have come across the chalk board pictures on Pinterest? Anywho, I convinced my husband to build me a blog...thinking that I would do it. 4.5 months after baby (Boy) - i've yet to blog! when do you find the time?

    I am always looking for great products and recommendations! I had never heard of the Nap Nanny, until reading your blog. So we got one! And love it! But back to the skin care - I use Origins (face wash/lotion), Mac make up, and Loreal for eye liner/mascara. But i am now intriqued...and want to try to supernatural airbrush and the Take a deep breath moisturizer.



    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  93. How do you make your ice coffees? Is it a healthy version?

    ReplyDelete
  94. What camera case did you get for the Nikon?

    ReplyDelete
  95. Which camera case did you get for the Nikon?

    ReplyDelete
  96. Our weekly menu looks similar to yours girl! I have a bazillion million crockpot recipes on my blog if you need some ideas :)

    I'm pretty jealous of the backyard space you have to throw some bags!

    xx
    Megan
    Instagram: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  97. Ok Miss! I might make these "maid-rites" this week - I'm in need of a cheap & quick dinner...and the cheesey goodness on these had me sold. Any tips and tricks I need to know, side dishes? Obvi it will be served with a cold one ;)

    xx
    Megan
    IG: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/2013/08/currently-lovin_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  98. Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative.
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  99. Hi! I've been looking at my favorite bloggers and what cameras they use, because I'm hoping to eventually buy a nice one. Do you still use the J1 or have you switched to something new?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete