Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shopping for Baby Girl

  Holy cow, you guys weren't kidding when you said shopping for baby girls is so much fun! :) I'm especially in love with nontraditional baby girl clothes, less with the pink ruffles & more bold, funky outfits. I've always been drawn to all things black & white, so I have a feeling babygirl's closet will closely resemble mine! Here is a little sample of a few of the goodies I have picked up so far.

 The Cream & Black Striped Onesie is from BabyGap, Gold Headband is from Etsy, Gold Sandals are from Marshalls, and the Chevron Bib & Black Headband are from Etsy

And now for my serious baby obsession - BABY LEGS! I love love loooooove leg warmers & tights on babies!! Plus I am a sucker for anything festive, my husband raised an eyebrow at me the other day when I told him that "I can't wait to decorate our baby for the holidays!" :) These are the ones I bought so far, two for Fall/Halloween and then a pair of Christmas tights. And you better believe if we weren't having a girl, I would be squeezing into those tights myself. LOVE!!

Seriously, itsy bitsy spider leg warmers on chubby baby legs at Halloween?! I die. I will continue to post all of my good finds for baby girl clothes... turns out I have lots of time on my hands when I'm not polishing off a bottle of wine on any given Tuesday night.

15 comments:

  1. You are insane! But I LOVE everything you bought! BUT..please leave a little something in the stores for someone else to buy little girl Garvin! Love you!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby girl is going to be so stylish just like her mama! that outfit is too cute! can you dress me next :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute finds. Love the bib! I am a big fan of black and white as that is how my entire living room is decorated.

    I love baby gap clothes as I find them to run a little big and Elle tend to be able to wear them for longer periods vs the circo brand from target which runs small.

    I also love baby legs.
    If you don't already sign up for baby steals.com. Its like zulily and groupon. Earlier this summer I scored a bunch of baby legs for half off. With us having tile floors they are a must. target also carries some baby leg crawlers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower...I am pregnant too...due the middle of February!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up!!! I love your choice of words, "Decorate our baby" instead of "Dress her up!" I would still personally like to see you try to stuff yourself into those little leg warmers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog. Check out dollardaisies.com for cheap "baby legs" only $2. I got my baby girl the anchor ones for a recent party so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stumbled upon your blog via pinterest, and I LOVE it (actually both of them)... excited to follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found my way here via Pinterest and I am hooked! I am 26 weeks pregnant right now and I need all the pregnancy stories I can get! Keep up the great blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo fun that it's a girl!!!! Yay!!! Cutest.clothes.ever. And umm I seriously went nutso on babyLegs and bought like 10 pair!! And breck's thighs are SO chubby they cut off circulation!! Dangit!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower! What a cute blog and I love those adorable things you bought!!! I am such a sucker for baby legs! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also a new follower from Pinterest. Congrats on your baby girl. I have a 4 month old and she is the best thing that ever happened to me. She's also the most expensive- haha! :) I LOVE to shop for her- there are just SO many cute things out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Chelsea from www.JamesonMonroe.Etsy.com here :) Thanks so much for featuring our skinny collection headband and chevron striped bib on your blog! So glad you love them. BTW...noticed you love baby legs. We have about 20 different modern and chic styles in our shop right now. And our fits much slimmer than the baby legs brand, so they fit new babies sooner :)

    Anyway, I have two little girls myself and know how addicting shopping for them can be. SO MUCH FUN!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the leggings! I was having a bit too much fun shopping for our little girl... so the hubby hid the credit card. haha At least until after the shower. I'll live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and I love it! I just loaded up on baby leg warmers myself! I can't get enough!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog, so I'm reading from the beginning of your pregnancy, and I'm in love with you already. You and I are so alike in our mannerisms and way of speaking. You are just a cutie pants too!! I, like you, am OBSESSED with baby legs, and my 5 month old, 17 pound chunk looks just so cute in them. I die. I do. I can't wait to continue reading! :)

    ReplyDelete